Sunday, October 20, 2019

Day 28, Point of Information, Last Meal Box

As a backpacker, i limited myself to 80 pounds in my backpack. On the road, i limit myself to 1000 pounds, not including Donner. Most of the gear is for contingency situations which, fortunately, i have only had to use a few times, but it is comforting to know it is there.

One of the contingency items i take is a container with 12 daily food boxes in case i am stranded somewhere for days with no access to resupplies. (See my pre-trip posting for contents.) Usually, on days on the road, i pick up my own daily food on the drive. So far, as of day 28, i have gone through six of the 12 daily food boxes (I carry two months of food for Donner, including treats.)

But there is one food box i do not touch except in emergencies, my last meal box. I had to use one with Stefanie back in 2016 and with Tiffany and Samara in 2018. ( It's too bad Ale and Krista did not stick around longer the other night bacause i would have broken into it then with them.) The box itself is shown below, and beneath it its contents. It is very comforting to know this is among my supplies. My last meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment