Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Dedication of this Trip and Blog

This year, I am dedicating the trip and blog to special people,

First, to Leo, the faithful long-time companion of my friend Reza, also know as Bobby. People who think that I set the bar of the relationship between a man and his dog would think twice when they meet Leo and Reza.  Leo is "old and sickly," as Reza wrote to me last night, and so for fear that I might miss the chance to dedicate a future trip to him, this one is for Leo. Stay strong, Leo.



Second, to Jake Stein, my good, good friend, who died in March, Jake was one of my biggest fans of these road trips, and I will miss coming back to give him my usual detailed reports, which he always listened to, and then asked questions, especially, "How do these trips make you stronger?" .  I wrote about Jahe on  an earlier bog (click here).


Third, to my dear mother, for many things, but especially for planting the idea of long road trips into my head when I was growing up when she talked about her own cross-county road trip at age 24 with her 22-year old sister Evelyn in 1937 when many roads were still dirt, there were few accommodations like there are today, and communication facilities were almost non-existent. When I compare their vehicle and equipment to my own, I wonder what is happening to all of us.



Fourth, to Bee, my friend Mary's recently departed Corgi.  Bee would always bark every time Donner came near her, but she really was the sweetest dog you could imagine.  She also bequeathed to Donner a close relationship with her new brother, Hugo, whom Donne rsimply  cannot get enough of.  Sage journey, Bee.

 .Picture to be provided later

No comments:

Post a Comment