Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Day 44, Tuesday, November 5, Cheat River Lodge, Elkins West Virginia

How does one spend one's last full day of an extraordinary road trip? Here 's how..

Luxuriated three times in the huge hot tub on the deck of my cabin just feet away from the rushing Cheat River;

Jotted down my post-trip to-do list, more than 50 items, with just four days to accomplish them in;

Jotted down my personal to-do list of about another urgent 50 items i must get to within days of returning, after not having thought of a single one in at least 44 days;

Read through my journal and extracted still another 50 items or so to consider for OTR - 11:

Reviewed my own personal goals etc. to start on the day i return (my new year begins the day i return from these trips),

Drove into pleasant town of Elkins to get a splendid Thai massage from Kyle, the owner of Jivaka Wellness Center, to regain my ability to walk after not having used 800 muscles over the last six weeks and overused the other 40.

Walked next door to Jivaka to give Donner a well-deserved, but resisted, bath;

Walked a few doors down to indulge in the best coffee i can recall drinking ever at TipTop Cafe, and to enjoy a veggie salad the likes of which were unseen the previous 43 days and would be hard to come by in DC.

Returned to my cabin for final reflections about what occurred over the last 44 days.

That's how.

Ed and Donner, from off the road

No comments:

Post a Comment