Friday, November 1, 2019

Day 40, As It Is Happening, Rest somewhere area in Kansas

Great rest stop. Beautiful scenery. My vote for best rest stop in lower 48, 49 if you include DC, which no one does. First rest stop where there are no No Pets signs, or at least that i can see. And they even have barbecue grills.

Absolutely beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky. 50 degrees. In fact, the weather forecast the whole route to DC is grest. Thank goodness for that respite on Wichita. I lucked out again. Now i wish i had brought my tent etc. with me instead of shipping it back in the Defender.

I find it ironic that i wrote last week that i was tempted to ship the Defender back to DC after Denver, and that's exactly what i did. Regardless of the motivation, i am looking forward to my new more robust transmission. I should have upgraded years ago. In fact, Land Rover upgraded the transmission for the 97 Defender, the third and last year they imported them.

I was also commenting to myself last week that i have never gotten sick on any of my trips. Oops, I spoke too soon. I have been nursing a stomach ailment since Monday. I will manage.

The road beckons.

Ed and Donner, from the road , Pomona KS

No comments:

Post a Comment