Saturday, November 2, 2019

Day 41: Sat, Nov 2, rest stop in Illinois, 11:30

Just got word that the Defender arrived safely back at Dean's, my mechanic's shop, at 10 this morning. My thanks to Dawn, my broker, and Gary, the indefatigable driver, for their good work. Together with Phil, Austin, and, of course, Jim Pendleton, that pesky issue was resolved in three days.

Spent a pleasant night at La Quinta in Columbia, Missouri, last night. Shared the hotel with the entire women's lacrosse team from the University of Michigan.

Was going to head to Indianapolis today, but decided to push on and head for Columbus, Ohio. While i certainly miss the Defender - okay, the attention we get in the Defender - this VW suv i rented sure makes good time on the road. It took me a while to adjust to all the modern conveniences the Defender does not offer.

I am enjoying the scenery on this part of the trip better this year than last. Last year, it rained the whole way and half the time was in the dark.

The road beckons.

Ed and Donner, from the road

Looks like my camera lens took a hit. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment